So today I met with an amazing lady for the Canon-McMillian Patch for an interview. I’m going to be a feature story sometime next week and that’s FLIPPIN AWESOME!
I’m really excited. I think it’ll be a nice break into my next step in the journey. I’m dabbling in some fitness-related writing. I’m really excited to continue expanding my talents to help other people. I’ve also been considering putting myself out there to possibly come to speak or hold workshops.
I want to be clear – I am by no means calling myself an expert; however, I do believe that I have the power to help people because I’m a real person that has lost a significant amount of weight so far. I’ve done so with the help of professionals while also maintaining a full-time job, a freelance job and a family. It’s not easy, but it CAN be done.
But back to the original point of this post – tips for success. One of the questions the amazing Amanda asked me was what would I tell people to succeed. I gave her a laundry list of things, but I thought it would be great to put them onto paper (well the web). So without further adieu … here are my tips for success.
- Eat Clean – I don’t care if you’re following clean eating, whole food, paleo or something you’ve made up. Just make sure what you’re eating is nutritious, natural and free of chemicals. That’s the real point!
- Portion Control – Make sure you’re weighing and measuring your food – especially in the beginning. It’s very easy to over eat. Once you get the hang of it though, it gets so much easier.
- Plan to succeed – Make a plan and stick to it. This goes for FOOD and EXERCISE. Write the plan down. In regards to meal planning, it will take some time in the beginning but once you get the hang of it, you can bang out a weeks worth of meal planning in about 20 minutes. Planning ahead also helps cut down on the amount of money you spend on groceries and will help keep you making meals at home instead of going out.
- Find support – If you can get a nutritionist – DO! If you can afford a trainer – DO! If you can’t, make some friends and workout together. You’ll need a support system of people encouraging you to succeed – not discouraging you.
- Believe – Stop thinking that you can do this and believe that you WILL do this!
- Committment – If you want to be healthy, it’s not just something to “do,” it’s something to COMMIT to. It’s a lifestyle that you will change and live on for the rest of your life. Trust me, once you start feeling better you’ll wonder why you didn’t do this YEARS ago!
There you have it! I hope this helps! Stay tuned for my feature. I can’t wait to see what Amanda cooks up!