Looking back at the last year, I can’t say I’m sad to get rid of this year! Financially, this has been one of the hardest years of my life. I lost my job the day I spent $400 on tires. My husband’s car required significant funds to get up and running and then some jackass hit my car in the middle of the night forcing me to pay a $500 deductible. Simply put, it’s been an awful year for my bank account – all while attempting to save something to try to move in the spring.
Despite the financial burden, some really great things have occurred this year. I have an amazing job that is finally letting me spread my wings and use my talents. I really like my boss and mostly like the work I’m doing. It’s not exactly the perfect industry, but it’s certainly a great place to be. Hopefully as things continue and we get back on our feet – financially great things will follow.
Of course the best thing that has happened to me this year was the ability to finally lose weight and keep it off (so far). Losing 45 pounds this year has been nothing short of amazing. I feel amazing. I look better and I am much happier. I have discovered a new me and I can’t wait to see what 2013 brings for me.
With the new year in mind, here are some of my New Year’s Resolutions for 2013.
Hayley’s 2013 Resolutions
- I will lose at least another 90 pounds in 2012 (that’s about 2 pounds a week with a little flexibility).
- I will be the best damn employee I can be for my boss.
- I will be a good wife and mother to my family.
- I will do Cardio at least three days a week.
- I will do weight training at least two days a week.
- I will make healthy choices at least 95% of the time (because there’s always room for a little enjoyment).
- I will not give up, even if I gain a few pounds.
- I will put my best food forward and keep running until I can run no more.
- I will be happy in 2013.
- I will become the person I’m meant to be.
- I promise to blog at least once a week. This is likely the one I’ll struggle with the most.